Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings
Chicken and Dumplings is a dish that goes from prep to plate in 30 minutes! A simple one-pot recipe that is packed with chicken, veggies and delicious dumplings, with no canned ‘cream of whatever’ soup needed.
PREP TIME: 5 mins cook TIME: 25 MIN TOTAL TIME: 30 MINS
4 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
1 can(s) chicken broth
2 can(s) cream of chicken soup, fat-free
1/2 can(s) peas, canned
salt and pepper
1 can(s) flaky biscuits
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 tablespoon butter (softened)
1 cup milk
1. Place chicken breasts in bottom of crockpot
2. Pour chicken broth and both cream of chickens over it
3. Add in as much carrots, celery and onion as you prefer.
4. Add in garlic powder, salt and pepper and parsley flakes to taste
5. Cook on high for 3 hours
6. Remove chicken and shred. Add the chicken back in with some crumbled bacon and the peas, stir together.
7. Break up the flaky biscuits to make dumplings, uncooked, and put in the crockpot. I break each roll in about 3 parts and just place them on top.
8. Cooking for another hour or so on high or until done. Enjoy delicious crockpot chicken and dumplings!