Remember It Later
This recipe! Pin it to your favorite board NOW!Pin
Seafood Boil Platter Recipe: How to Make a Delicious and Easy Meal
Seafood is a beloved food item all over the world, and for good reason. It’s delicious, nutritious, and versatile, making it the perfect ingredient for a wide range of dishes. One of the most popular ways to enjoy seafood is in a seafood boil platter, which is a mix of various seafood items boiled together and served with a variety of dipping sauces. In this article, we’ll show you how to make your own seafood boil platter at home, so you can enjoy this mouthwatering dish any time you want.
Hook: Are you tired of eating the same old meals every day? Try making a seafood boil platter for a delicious and easy meal that will impress your family and friends.
- 1 pound of shrimp
- 1 pound of crab legs
- 1 pound of mussels
- 1 pound of clams
- 1 pound of corn on the cob
- 1 pound of potatoes
- 1 tablespoon of Old Bay seasoning
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 stick of butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fill a large pot with water and bring it to a boil. Add the Old Bay seasoning, sliced lemon, and salt to the water.
How to prepare the seafood
- Add the potatoes to the pot and let them boil for 10 minutes.
- Add the corn on the cob to the pot and let it boil for 5 minutes.
- Add the crab legs to the pot and let them boil for 5-7 minutes.
- Add the mussels and clams to the pot and let them boil for 5-7 minutes or until they open up.
- Add the shrimp to the pot and let them boil for 3-4 minutes or until they turn pink.
- Drain the seafood and vegetables, reserving some of the cooking liquid.
How to make the dipping sauces
- While the seafood is cooking, melt the butter in a small saucepan. You can also melt the butter in the microwave.
- To make a garlic butter sauce, add minced garlic to the melted butter and stir to combine.
- To make a cocktail sauce, combine ketchup, horseradish, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, and hot sauce in a bowl.
- To make a tartar sauce, combine mayonnaise, chopped pickles, capers, lemon juice, and chopped parsley in a bowl.
How to serve the seafood boil platter
- Arrange the seafood, potatoes, and corn on a large platter.
- Serve the dipping sauces in small bowls alongside the platter.
- Drizzle some of the reserved cooking liquid over the seafood for added flavor.
- Enjoy your delicious and easy seafood boil platter!
Making a seafood boil platter is easy and fun, and it’s the perfect meal to serve for a special occasion or when you’re craving something different. With just a few simple ingredients and some dipping sauces, you can create a mouthwatering dish that everyone will love. So why not give it a try and see for yourself how delicious and satisfying a seafood boil platter can be?