Impress Your Guests with This Mouthwatering Chicken Gloria Casserole Recipe
Are you in search of a tasty and easy-to-make meal that will leave everyone asking for more? Look no further than the Chicken Gloria Casserole recipe! This delectable dish is perfect for any occasion, whether it be a family dinner or a potluck with friends. In this article, we will take a closer look at the Chicken Gloria Casserole recipe, including its ingredients, preparation, cooking tips, and more. So, grab your apron and let’s get started!
To make the Chicken Gloria Casserole, you will need the following ingredients:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Now that you have gathered all the necessary ingredients, it’s time to get started on the preparation:
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Cut the chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces and set aside.
- In a shallow dish, mix together the flour, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Coat each piece of chicken in the flour mixture, shaking off any excess.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken to the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until lightly browned.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the butter to the skillet and melt over medium heat.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until they are tender.
- Add the white wine to the skillet and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the chicken broth, heavy cream, mozzarella cheese, and Parmesan cheese.
- Stir the mixture until the cheese has melted and the sauce is smooth.
- Return the chicken to the skillet and stir until the pieces are coated in the sauce.
- Transfer the chicken and sauce to a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle the chopped parsley over the top of the casserole.
- Bake the Chicken Gloria Casserole in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the casserole is heated through.
- For a lighter version of this dish, you can use half-and-half or milk instead of heavy cream.
- You can also substitute chicken broth for the white wine if you prefer.
- To make the casserole ahead of time, prepare it up until step 14, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for up to 24 hours. When you’re ready to cook it, simply remove the plastic wrap, sprinkle with parsley, and bake as directed.
The Chicken Gloria Casserole pairs well with a variety of sides, including:
- Steamed vegetables, such as broccoli or carrots
- Rice or pasta
- Crusty bread or rolls
The Chicken Gloria Casserole is a delicious and easy-to-make meal that is perfect for any occasion. This casserole is sure to become a family favorite. Whether you’re cooking for a weeknight dinner or hosting a special occasion, the Chicken Gloria Casserole is a crowd-pleaser that is sure to impress. With its simple preparation and delicious flavors, you’ll want to add this recipe to your regular rotation.
- Can I use chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts for this recipe? Yes, you can use chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
- Can I freeze the Chicken Gloria Casserole? Yes, you can freeze the casserole for up to 3 months. Just make sure to wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and aluminum foil before placing it in the freezer.
- Can I use a different type of cheese in this recipe? Yes, you can use a different type of cheese if you prefer. Try using Gouda or cheddar for a different flavor.
- Can I make this recipe without the wine? Yes, you can substitute chicken broth for the white wine if you prefer not to use alcohol.
- Can I make this recipe in a slow cooker? Yes, you can make this recipe in a slow cooker. Just follow the same steps for preparing the chicken and sauce, then transfer everything to a slow cooker and cook on low for 4-6 hours.