I don’t cook liver very often, but when I do, I use this amazing recipe! Check out how I make it and let me know what you think.
¼ cup of flour.
1 lb of beef liver.
¼-½ cup of butter.
½ tsp of salt.
⅛ tsp of pepper.
Oil to taste .
1-2 tbsp of fresh minced sage.
2 cups of thinly sliced onions.
½ cup of beef stock.
1 tbsp of minced Italian parsley.
¼ cup of dry white wine.
1. In a bag, mix together the flour, salt and pepper then put the liver (sliced into ½ inch strips) in the bag and shake to coat.
2. In a skillet, melt 2 to 3 tbsps of butter with a dash of oil and sauté the onions on medium heat.
3. Place the onions in a dish and season with sage, salt and pepper.
4. In the same skillet, melt 3-4 tbsps of butter and a dash of oil over high heat and stir in the liver. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
5. Add the onions to the liver, heat through and place in a serving plate.
6. Glaze the pan with stock and wine and keep on the heat until you get a thick sauce.
7. Pour the glaze over the liver and onions and sprinkle with parsley.
Hit Share To Save On your Wall!