Bring the Flavors of Creole and Cajun to Your Dinner Table: Creole Garlic Alfredo over Cheese Stuffed Tortellini with Cajun Shrimp & Scallops
Are you looking for a delicious and flavorful seafood pasta dinner idea? Look no further than this recipe for Creole Garlic Alfredo over Cheese Stuffed Tortellini with Cajun Shrimp and Scallops. The combination of Creole spices, garlic alfredo sauce, and tender seafood creates a dish that is sure to impress.
Ingredients and Preparation:
- 8 oz cheese stuffed tortellini
- 1 lb Cajun shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 lb scallops
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp Creole seasoning
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp butter
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Chopped parsley for garnish
Before you begin cooking, start by preparing the seafood by peeling and deveining the shrimp. Season them with Creole seasoning, and set aside. Next, prepare the tortellini according to package instructions and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the minced garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add the heavy cream, parmesan cheese, and a pinch of salt and pepper to the skillet. Stir until the cheese is fully melted and the sauce is smooth.
- Add the Cajun shrimp and scallops to the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until they are fully cooked.
- Add the cooked tortellini to the skillet and toss to coat in the sauce.
- Serve the pasta in bowls and garnish with chopped parsley before serving.