Remember It Later
This recipe! Pin it to your favorite board NOW!Pin
Crockpot Orange Chicken: A Healthy Twist on a Classic Dish
Orange Chicken is a popular Chinese dish that has taken the world by storm. This dish is usually deep-fried, but with the help of a slow cooker, you can make a healthier version. The Crockpot Orange Chicken recipe is easy to make, and the best part is that it’s a one-pot meal.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 cups of freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 cup of soy sauce
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 4 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 2 teaspoons of grated orange zest
- Sesame seeds and chopped green onions for garnish
- In a large bowl, mix the orange juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, and orange zest.
- Cut the chicken into small pieces and place them in the slow cooker.
- Pour the sauce mixture over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 6-8 hours.
- Once the chicken is cooked, remove it from the slow cooker and set it aside.
- In a small bowl, mix the cornstarch and water to form a slurry.
- Pour the slurry into the slow cooker and stir.
- Cover and cook on high heat for 10-15 minutes, or until the sauce thickens.
- Return the chicken to the slow cooker and stir to coat with the sauce.
Serving Suggestions Crockpot Orange Chicken is a versatile dish that can be served in many ways. Here are some ideas:
- Serve with rice and steamed vegetables
- Wrap the chicken in a tortilla and top with the sauce and green onions
- Serve as a topping for a salad
Crockpot Orange Chicken is a delicious and healthy version of the traditional Chinese dish. With the help of a slow cooker, you can enjoy this dish without having to worry about deep-frying. The dish is easy