Detroit-style pizza is known for its thick, rectangular crust, crispy edges, and gooey cheese. It’s a unique take on pizza that originated in the city of Detroit, and has been gaining popularity across the country in recent years. Here’s a recipe for homemade Detroit-style pizza that you can try at home:
Recipe for Homemade Detroit-style Pizza
- 1 pound of pizza dough (store-bought or homemade)
- 2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- Toppings of your choice (such as pepperoni, sausage, or veggies)
- Preheat your oven to 500 degrees F (260 degrees C).
- Grease a 9×13 inch baking pan or a 10×14 inch rectangle pan, press the dough to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Spread the tomato sauce over the dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border around the edges.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella and Parmesan cheese over the sauce.
- Add your toppings of choice.
- Bake the pizza for 20-25 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving
Keywords : Detroit-style pizza, homemade pizza, pizza recipe, Detroit pizza, pizza dough, mozzarella, Parmesan, tomato sauce, pizza toppings