Roasted Steak and Potatoes Recipe – Perfect for Dinner Tonight
Roasted steak and potatoes is a classic and hearty meal that is perfect for any occasion. It is a simple yet delicious recipe that can be prepared with minimal ingredients and effort. The combination of tender and juicy steak with crispy and flavorful potatoes is simply irresistible. In this article, we will share a mouthwatering roasted steak and potatoes recipe that is easy to make and sure to please.
- Oil for cooking
- Seasoning (e.g., McCormick, Weber, Steakhouse)
1. Remove your steaks from the fridge and allow them to come to room temp before cooking (30 min for thin steaks about an hour for thick steaks)
2. Use a good heavy pan… preferably a Cast Iron skillet or ST grill
3. Oil your pan well AFTER it is heated! (med high heat)
4. Season your steak liberally on both sides. McCormick, Weber, Steakhouse are all good brands and you can probably find them in your local grocery stores.
5. Once you place your steak in the pan DO NOT touch/turn them for at least 3-4 minutes until a nice sear is formed. When you flip the steaks over allow them to cook 3-4 minutes on the other side.
If your steaks are thick you should finish them in a hot oven preheated to 375° anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes for a med to med well steak.