– For the pie:
1 large lemon
4 large eggs
½ cup butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla
1½ cups sugar
1 (9 inch) piecrust, unbaked (I used a frozen deep dish)
– For the topping: (optional)
1 cup whipping cream
2 Tablespoons sugar
1. Take your pie crust out of the freezer or make your own. I used a frozen deep dish pie crust and it worked perfect. I placed it on a cookie sheet because the metal pan was not that strong but if using a glass pie plate you won’t need to do this.
2. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
3. Wash your lemon then cut up and remove all the seeds. (Don’t peel it, you will blend the whole lemon!) Place in your high powdered blender (such as a Vitamix).
4. Add the eggs, butter, vanilla and sugar. Blend till smooth. I started at power 5 then moved up to 10.
5. Pour the mixture into your piecrust. Bake for about 40 minutes or until set.
6. Let cool then chill in the fridge.
For the topping:
7. Place your mixing bowl and beaters in the freezer for about 20 minutes. Add your whipping cream and sugar. Whip till peaks form.
8. Slice pie and serve chilled with a dollop of the whip cream on top. This can be enjoyed warm (is just won’t be as firm) or room temperature but we preferred it chilled.