Delicious and Colorful Box of Tricolored Pasta Recipe
Tricolored pasta, also known as rainbow pasta, is a fun and colorful twist on traditional pasta. The vibrant colors come from the addition of natural ingredients like spinach, tomato, and beetroot. In this article, we will share a delicious and easy-to-make recipe using a box of tricolored pasta.
Benefits of tricolored pasta
Tricolored pasta is not only visually appealing but also contains additional nutrients compared to regular pasta. The green pasta is made with spinach, which is rich in vitamins A and K, as well as iron and calcium. The red pasta is made with tomato, which is an excellent source of lycopene, a powerful antioxidant that can help reduce the risk of certain diseases. The orange pasta is made with beetroot, which is high in fiber and vitamin C. Incorporating tricolored pasta into your diet is an easy way to add variety and nutrition to your meals.
- 1 box (16 oz) of tricolored pasta
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 pound of ground beef or turkey
- 1 can (14.5 oz) of diced tomatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley for garnish
Step 1: Boil the tricolored pasta
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add the tricolored pasta and cook according to the package instructions until al dente.
- Drain and set aside.
Step 2: Cook the vegetables and meat
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the bell peppers and zucchini and cook until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the ground beef or turkey and cook until browned, breaking up any large chunks with a wooden spoon.
- Drain any excess fat.
- Add the can of diced tomatoes and stir to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Step 3: Combine the pasta, vegetables, and meat
- Add the cooked tricolored pasta to the skillet and toss to combine with the meat and vegetables.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve immediately.
Variations and tips
- You can use any combination of vegetables or protein that you prefer. Some other great options include mushrooms, broccoli, or chicken.
- For a vegetarian option, omit the ground beef or turkey and add some canned chickpeas or lentils instead.
- To make this dish spicy, add a pinch of red pepper flakes or a chopped jalapeño pepper.
- Tricolored pasta is a great option for cold pasta salads too. Toss it with your favorite dressing and some chopped vegetables for a refreshing and colorful side dish.