Remember It Later
This recipe! Pin it to your favorite board NOW!Pin
Hot Milk Cake Recipe: The Perfect Dessert for Any Occasion
Hot milk cake is a classic and delicious dessert that has been enjoyed by many for generations. This cake is soft, tender, and moist, with a rich and buttery flavor. It’s easy to make and requires simple ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry. In this article, we’ll show you how to make a perfect hot milk cake that will satisfy your sweet tooth.
To make hot milk cake, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Grease and flour a 9×13-inch baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add the sugar, beating until the mixture is thick and pale yellow.
- In a small saucepan, heat the milk and butter over low heat until the butter is melted. Do not boil.
- Gradually add the milk mixture to the egg mixture, stirring constantly.
- Add the flour mixture to the batter, stirring until just combined.
- Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove it from the pan and transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely.
Tips for Success
- Be sure to use room temperature eggs for the best results.
- Sift the flour before measuring to avoid dense and heavy cake.
- Do not overmix the batter to avoid a tough texture.
- Use unsalted butter for the best flavor.
- Let the cake cool completely before frosting or glazing.
Hot milk cake is delicious on its own, but you can also serve it with your favorite frosting or glaze. You can also dust it with powdered sugar or top it with whipped cream and fresh fruit.
There are many variations of hot milk cake, and you can customize it to your liking by adding different flavors or toppings. Here are some ideas:
- Chocolate hot milk cake: Add 1/4 cup cocoa powder to the flour mixture.
- Lemon hot milk cake: Add the zest of one lemon to the batter and top the cake with lemon glaze.
- Almond hot milk cake: Add 1/2 teaspoon almond extract to the batter and top the cake with sliced almonds and vanilla glaze.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I use a different size pan for this recipe? Yes, you can use a different size pan, but the baking time may vary. Adjust the baking time accordingly.
- Can I use a different type of milk? Yes, you can use any type of milk, but whole milk is recommended for the best texture and flavor.
- Can I make this cake ahead of time? Yes, you can make this cake ahead of time and store it in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.