Makes 1 hamburger
You’ll Need :
1 sesame seed hamburger bun
Half of an additional hamburger bun
1/4 pound ground beef
Ground black pepper
1 tablespoon thousand island dressing or Big Mac Special Sauce clone (see Tidbits)
1 teaspoon finely diced onion
1/2 cup chopped iceberg lettuce
1 slice American cheese
2 to 3 dill pickle slices
1. With a serrated knife cut the top off the extra bun half, leaving about a 3/4-inch-thick slice. This will be the middle bun of your sandwich
2. Place the three buns on a hot pan or griddle, face down, and toast them to a light brown. Set aside, but keep the pan hot.
3. Divide the ground beef in half and press into two thin patties slightly larger than the bun.
4. Cook the patties in the hot pan over medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes on each side. Salt and pepper lightly.
5. Build the burger in the following stacking order from the bottom up:
half of special sauce
half of onion
half of lettuce
remainder of special sauce
remainder of onion
remainder of lettuce