Peanut Butter Balls Aka Buckeye Balls Recipe: A Delicious and Easy-to-Make Treat
Are you a fan of peanut butter? If so, then you’re in for a treat! In this article, we’ll be sharing a delicious and easy-to-make recipe for Peanut Butter Balls, also known as Buckeye Balls. These bite-sized treats are perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth or for sharing with friends and family. Read on to learn how to make this irresistible dessert.
Before we get started, let’s gather the necessary ingredients:
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable shortening
Now that we have all the ingredients ready, let’s start making the Peanut Butter Balls:
Step 1: Mixing the Peanut Butter Filling
- In a mixing bowl, combine the peanut butter, unsalted butter, and vanilla extract.
- Mix on medium speed until well blended.
- Add the powdered sugar and salt, and mix until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
Step 2: Shaping the Peanut Butter Balls
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a small cookie scoop or a tablespoon, scoop the mixture into small balls and place them onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Once all the balls have been formed, chill them in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
Step 3: Preparing the Chocolate Coating
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips and vegetable shortening in the microwave at 30-second intervals until the mixture is smooth.
- Using a toothpick or a skewer, dip the chilled peanut butter balls into the melted chocolate mixture, leaving a small circle of peanut butter visible at the top.
- Place the dipped balls back onto the parchment-lined baking sheet.
Step 4: Finishing Touches
- Once all the balls have been dipped in chocolate, chill them in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to allow the chocolate to harden.
- Once the chocolate has hardened, remove the Peanut Butter Balls from the refrigerator and serve.
Tips and Tricks
- To make this recipe more festive, use colored candy melts to coat the peanut butter balls instead of chocolate.
- If you’re short on time, skip the dipping step and roll the peanut butter balls in powdered sugar or cocoa powder instead.
- Store the finished Peanut Butter Balls in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
In conclusion, Peanut Butter Balls, also known as Buckeye Balls, are a delicious and easy-to-make treat that everyone will love. With just a few simple ingredients and some easy steps, you can create a tasty dessert that is perfect for any occasion. So why not give this recipe a try and see for yourself how delicious Peanut Butter Balls can be?
- Can I use crunchy peanut butter instead of creamy?
- Yes, you can use crunchy peanut butter instead of creamy if you prefer a more textured filling.
- Can I use margarine instead of butter?
- While margarine can be used in place of butter, we recommend using unsalted butter for the best flavor.
- Can I freeze Peanut Butter Balls?
- Yes, you can freeze Peanut Butter Balls for up to 3 months in an airtight container.
- How many Peanut Butter Balls does this recipe make?
- This recipe makes approximately 36-40 Peanut Butter Balls.