Perfectly Moist Upside Down Candied Pecan Pineapple Cake Recipe
Upside Down Candied Pecan Pineapple Cake is a delicious dessert that can be found on many websites. However, we believe that our recipe is the best one out there. Our recipe has a unique twist that will make your taste buds sing with delight. We have taken the time to perfect every aspect of this recipe, from the moist cake to the perfect balance of sweetness. In this article, we will share our recipe and all the secrets that make it so special.
For the pineapple layer:
- 1 fresh pineapple, peeled, cored, and sliced into thin rings
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup candied pecans
For the cake layer:
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the melted butter and brown sugar. Stir until the mixture is smooth and fully combined.
- Pour the brown sugar mixture into a 9-inch cake pan, spreading it evenly across the bottom of the pan.
- Arrange the pineapple slices on top of the brown sugar mixture in a single layer.
- Sprinkle the candied pecans on top of the pineapple, making sure they are evenly distributed.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs, vegetable oil, sour cream, brown sugar, and vanilla extract. Beat the mixture together on medium speed for 2-3 minutes, or until fully combined and smooth.
- Pour the cake batter over the pineapple and pecan layer in the cake pan, using a spatula to smooth the batter into an even layer.
- Bake the cake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes, or until the cake is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Once the cake is done, remove it from the oven and allow it to cool for 10 minutes in the pan.
- Carefully invert the cake onto a serving platter, allowing the pineapple and pecan layer to become the top of the cake.
- Serve warm with a dollop of whipped cream, if desired.
Our Upside Down Candied Pecan Pineapple Cake is the perfect dessert for any occasion. We believe that our recipe is the best out there, and we hope that you will give it a try. The combination of fresh pineapple, candied pecans, and a moist cake is a winner every time. We are confident that once you try our recipe, it will become a family favorite for years to come.