How to Make Alfredo Chicken Wings – Step-by-Step Recipe
Chicken wings are a perfect snack to serve during a game night or to enjoy as a weekend treat. While buffalo wings are a classic, there are many other delicious ways to prepare chicken wings. Alfredo chicken wings, for instance, offer a creamy and savory twist to the traditional recipe. In this article, we will guide you through the steps to prepare this mouthwatering dish.
- 2 pounds of chicken wings
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
For the Alfredo Sauce:
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
Step 1: Preparing the chicken wings
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, toss the chicken wings with olive oil, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and black pepper until well coated.
- Place the chicken wings on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Step 2: Making the Alfredo sauce
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Add the minced garlic and cook until fragrant, for about 1 minute.
- Add the heavy cream and bring it to a simmer.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the grated parmesan cheese, stirring until it is melted and smooth.
- Season with black pepper.
Step 3: Baking the chicken wings
- Bake the chicken wings in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until they are golden brown.
- Remove the chicken wings from the oven and brush them with the Alfredo sauce.
Step 4: Broiling the chicken wings
- Turn on the broiler and place the chicken wings back in the oven.
- Broil the chicken wings for 2-3 minutes until the Alfredo sauce is bubbly and the chicken skin is crispy.
Step 5: Serving the Alfredo chicken wings
- Remove the chicken wings from the oven and let them rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve the Alfredo chicken wings with a side of vegetables or a salad.
Tips for Cooking
- To make the chicken wings extra crispy, you can broil them for a couple of extra minutes.
- You can add more garlic to the Alfredo sauce if you prefer a stronger flavor.
- If you want a thinner sauce, you can add a splash of milk to the Alfredo sauce.
- Can I use chicken drumettes instead of wings? Yes, you can use chicken drumettes instead of chicken wings. Follow the same cooking instructions.
- Can I use a different cheese for the Alfredo sauce? Yes, you can use a different cheese for the Alfredo sauce, such as Asiago or Romano. However, the flavor may be slightly different.
- Can I make the Alfredo sauce ahead of time?
Yes, you can make the Alfredo sauce ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator for up to three days. When you are ready to use it, gently heat the sauce over low heat while stirring until it is warmed through and smooth.
- Can I make the Alfredo sauce without heavy cream? No, heavy cream is a crucial ingredient in Alfredo sauce, and substituting it with something else will not result in the same creamy texture and flavor.
- Can I make these wings spicy? Yes, if you like spicy food, you can add some red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper to the chicken wings before baking them.
Alfredo chicken wings are a perfect combination of creamy and savory flavors that will take your chicken wing game to the next level. With a few simple ingredients and steps, you can prepare this delicious snack at home and impress your friends and family. Follow the recipe and tips mentioned in this article to make the best Alfredo chicken wings.