Beef and Cheese Chimichanga Recipe – Learn how to make this delicious Mexican dish at home
Beef and Cheese Chimichanga is a delicious and hearty Mexican dish that is perfect for a family dinner or a special occasion. Chimichangas are a type of fried burrito, typically filled with meat and cheese, and are a popular dish in Mexican cuisine. In this recipe, we will show you how to make a delicious and authentic Beef and Cheese Chimichanga at home.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- 8-10 flour tortillas
- Oil for frying
- In a large skillet, cook the ground beef over medium-high heat until it is browned and cooked through. Drain any excess grease.
- Add the diced onion and minced garlic to the skillet and cook until softened.
- Stir in the cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper, and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Remove the beef mixture from the heat and let it cool slightly.
- Preheat oil in a deep fryer or large pot to 350 degrees F.
- Place about 1/4 cup of the beef mixture in the center of each tortilla.
- Sprinkle about 2 tablespoons of shredded cheese on top of the beef mixture.
- Roll up the tortilla tightly, tucking in the sides as you roll.
- Carefully place the chimichangas in the hot oil and fry for 2-3 minutes, or until they are golden brown and crispy.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove the chimichangas from the oil and place them on a paper towel-lined plate to drain excess oil.
- Serve the chimichangas with your favorite toppings, such as sour cream, guacamole, and salsa.
- Add a side of rice and beans for a complete Mexican-inspired meal.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro or chopped green onions for extra flavor.
Beef and Cheese Chimichangas are a delicious and hearty dish that is perfect for a family dinner or a special occasion. With this recipe, you can make a delicious and authentic Beef and Cheese Chimichanga at home. The recipe is easy to follow and can be customized to your liking. You can also make variations of this recipe by using different types of meat, such as chicken or pork, or by adding different types of cheese or vegetables. Give this recipe a try and enjoy the taste of a classic Mexican dish in the comfort of your own home.