Buttered Pecan Caramel Cake Recipe – A Delicious Treat You Don’t Want to Miss!
Are you a fan of cakes and pastries that are rich, indulgent, and full of flavor? Look no further than the Buttered Pecan Caramel Cake recipe. This decadent dessert combines the nutty, earthy flavor of pecans with the buttery richness of caramel in a moist and tender cake that is sure to impress.
At the heart of this recipe is a moist and buttery yellow cake, enriched with whole milk and vanilla extract for an extra depth of flavor. However, it’s the addition of finely chopped pecans that truly sets this cake apart, adding a satisfying crunch and a subtle nutty flavor that complements the other ingredients perfectly.
Of course, no Buttered Pecan Caramel Cake would be complete without the addition of a luscious caramel sauce. In this recipe, the caramel is made by melting butter and brown sugar together, then adding cream and a touch of vanilla extract for extra flavor. Drizzled over the top of the cake and allowed to seep into the layers, this caramel sauce adds a richness and depth of flavor that is simply irresistible.
If you’re looking for a show-stopping dessert for a special occasion or just want to indulge in something truly decadent, the Buttered Pecan Caramel Cake recipe is definitely worth a try. Whether you’re an experienced baker or just starting out, this recipe is straightforward and easy to follow, making it a great choice for any level of expertise.
Here’s the recipe to get you started:
Buttered Pecan Caramel Cake Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
Caramel Sauce Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour two 8-inch round cake pans and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, followed by the vanilla extract.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, alternating with the whole milk, until well combined.
- Fold in the chopped pecans.
- Divide the batter evenly between the two prepared cake pans and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of each cake comes out clean.
- Remove the cakes from the oven and allow them to cool completely before removing them from the pans.
- While the cakes are cooling, prepare the caramel sauce by melting the butter and brown sugar together in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the cream and vanilla extract and stir until well combined.
- Allow the sauce to cool for a few minutes before drizzling it over the top of the cooled cakes, letting it seep into the layers.
- Slice and serve the cake, and enjoy!