Cranberry Orange Bread Recipe: A Delectable Delight
In the realm of delightful homemade bread, our Cranberry Orange Bread stands out as a tantalizing treat for your taste buds. This carefully crafted recipe promises not only a symphony of flavors but also a journey into the art of baking perfection. Packed with bold flavors and a simple glaze, our Cranberry Orange Bread is not just a recipe; it’s a culinary masterpiece.
Ingredients for Culinary Bliss
For the Loaf:
- 1 1/2 cups + 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup plain whole-milk yogurt
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups cranberries, fresh or frozen, thawed and rinsed
For the Orange Syrup:
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/3 cup sugar
For the Orange Glaze:
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 2 to 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
Preparing the Loaf:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease the bottom and sides of a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan and dust it with flour, tapping out the excess.
- In a medium bowl, sift together 1 1/2 cups of flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the yogurt, sugar, eggs, orange zest, vanilla, and oil. Slowly whisk the dry ingredients into the wet mixture.
- In a separate bowl, gently fold the cranberries into a tablespoon of flour, then add them to the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 50 to 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few moist crumbs.
- Allow the loaf to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring it to a wire rack.
Infusing Orange Magic:
While the loaf cools, prepare the orange syrup in a small saucepan over medium heat. Combine orange juice and sugar, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Let it simmer for an additional 3 minutes before setting it aside.
Use a toothpick to poke holes in the warm loaf’s tops and sides. Brush the loaf with the orange syrup, allowing it to soak in, then repeat. Let the loaf cool completely.
The Finishing Touch – Orange Glaze:
- In a small bowl, whisk together sifted confectioners’ sugar and 2-3 tablespoons of fresh orange juice. Aim for a thick but pourable consistency.
- Pour the orange glaze over the top of the loaf, letting it cascade down the sides. Allow the glaze to harden for about 15 minutes before serving.
Why Our Cranberry Orange Bread Stands Out
Bursting with Flavor:
Our recipe ensures a perfect balance of sweet and tangy flavors, with the cranberries providing bursts of juiciness in every bite. The orange zest and juice add a refreshing citrusy note, elevating this bread to a culinary masterpiece.
Moisture That Melts in Your Mouth:
The combination of yogurt and vegetable oil in our recipe results in a loaf that is not only moist but also tender. Say goodbye to dry, crumbly bread – our Cranberry Orange Bread is an experience in every slice.
A Symphony of Textures:
From the soft crumb of the loaf to the slightly crunchy glaze, every element of our recipe contributes to a symphony of textures that will leave your taste buds dancing with delight.
In the world of delectable homemade bread, our Cranberry Orange Bread recipe stands as a testament to culinary excellence. With carefully selected ingredients, precise instructions, and a burst of flavors, this recipe is designed to not only satisfy your cravings but also to elevate your baking skills.
So, why settle for ordinary when you can indulge in extraordinary? Treat yourself to the divine fusion of cranberries and orange in our Cranberry Orange Bread – a slice of heaven in every bite.