Delicious Cheeseburger Chimichanga Recipe
Are you a fan of cheeseburgers and Mexican food? If so, you’re in for a treat with this cheeseburger chimichanga recipe. It’s a unique twist on the classic cheeseburger that combines the flavors of Mexico in a crispy fried tortilla.
Cheeseburgers are a classic American comfort food, but sometimes you want to switch things up a bit. That’s where this cheeseburger chimichanga recipe comes in. It’s a delicious combination of ground beef, cheese, and traditional Mexican ingredients, all wrapped up in a tortilla and fried until crispy. This recipe is perfect for those who love both cheeseburgers and Mexican food and want to try something new.
To make this delicious cheeseburger chimichanga recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 8 flour tortillas
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the ground beef to the skillet and cook until browned, about 8 minutes. Drain any excess fat.
- Add the chili powder, cumin, salt, and black pepper to the skillet and stir to combine.
- Add the shredded cheddar cheese, salsa, and chopped cilantro to the skillet and stir until the cheese is melted and everything is well combined.
- Lay out the flour tortillas on a flat surface. Spoon a generous amount of the cheeseburger mixture onto each tortilla, leaving about 1 inch of space around the edges.
- Fold the sides of each tortilla in towards the center, then roll the tortilla up from the bottom to the top.
- Heat about 1 inch of vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, carefully place the chimichangas in the oil seam-side down.
- Fry the chimichangas until they are golden brown and crispy, turning occasionally to ensure even cooking.
- Once the chimichangas are cooked, remove them from the skillet and place them on a paper towel-lined plate to drain any excess oil.
- Serve the chimichangas hot, with additional salsa, guacamole, or sour cream for dipping.
This cheeseburger chimichanga recipe is a fun and delicious twist on the classic cheeseburger. It’s perfect for those who love Mexican food and want to try something new. The combination of ground beef, cheese, and traditional Mexican ingredients creates a flavorful and satisfying meal. Plus, who doesn’t love a crispy fried tortilla? Give this recipe a try and enjoy a unique and tasty meal that’s sure to become a new favorite.