How to Make Classic Cherry Delight: An Easy and Delicious Dessert Recipe
Are you looking for a delicious and easy-to-make dessert that is sure to impress your friends and family? Look no further than this classic cherry delight recipe. This mouth-watering dessert is perfect for any occasion and is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth. In this article, we’ll guide you through the steps to make this delectable dessert, so let’s get started!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 container (8 oz.) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 can (21 oz.) cherry pie filling
Step 1: Preparing the crust
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a medium bowl, mix the flour, butter, and chopped walnuts until well blended.
- Press the mixture into a 9×13 inch baking dish, making sure it covers the bottom evenly.
- Bake the crust for 15-20 minutes, or until it is lightly browned.
- Allow the crust to cool completely before moving on to the next step.
Step 2: Making the filling
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Fold in the whipped topping until the mixture is well combined.
- Spoon the filling over the cooled crust, spreading it evenly.
Step 3: Assembling the dessert
- Spoon the cherry pie filling over the cream cheese mixture, spreading it evenly.
- Chill the dessert in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Cut into squares and serve chilled.
Tips for Success
- Make sure the crust is pressed firmly into the baking dish, so it does not crumble when serving.
- Allow the crust to cool completely before adding the filling to prevent the cream cheese mixture from melting.
- Use a spatula to spread the filling and cherry pie filling evenly to ensure every bite is delicious.
- Substitute other flavors of pie filling, such as blueberry or apple, for a twist on the classic recipe.
- Add fresh fruit, such as sliced strawberries or peaches, to the top of the dessert for an extra burst of flavor.
- Use graham cracker crumbs or crushed Oreo cookies instead of flour and chopped walnuts for the crust.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
- Yes, this dessert can be made a day ahead and stored in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Can I use a different type of nut for the crust?
- Yes, you can substitute pecans or almonds for the walnuts in the crust.
- Can I use fresh cherries instead of pie filling?
- Yes, you can use fresh cherries instead of pie filling, but be sure to pit and chop them first.
This classic cherry delight recipe is a simple yet delicious dessert that is sure to impress your family and friends. With a crunchy nutty crust, creamy filling, and sweet cherry topping,this dessert is a crowd-pleaser and perfect for any occasion, whether it’s a family gathering, potluck, or holiday celebration. The combination of flavors and textures in this dessert is truly delightful. The crust provides a satisfying crunch, while the creamy filling and sweet cherry topping make for a heavenly combination.