How to Make Delicious Dark Chocolate Pecan Oatmeal Cookies | Recipe
Oatmeal cookies have always been a favorite for many, but have you ever tried dark chocolate pecan oatmeal cookies? In this article, we will take a closer look at how to make these delicious cookies, and offer some tips to help you get the most out of your baking experience. So, grab your apron and let’s get started!
To make these delicious cookies, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
Now that you have all your ingredients, let’s get started!
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add in the eggs, one at a time, followed by the vanilla extract, and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Slowly add the flour mixture into the butter mixture, mixing until just combined.
- Stir in the oats, pecans, and dark chocolate chips.
- Using a cookie scoop or spoon, drop rounded balls of dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow the cookies to cool for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Tips for Baking Success
- Make sure your butter is at room temperature before you begin baking. This will help ensure a creamy, well-mixed dough.
- Use high-quality ingredients, especially when it comes to the chocolate chips. We recommend using dark chocolate chips to complement the pecans and oats.
- Don’t overmix the dough. Overmixing can result in tough, dry cookies.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack. This will help them firm up and prevent them from breaking apart.
- Store your cookies in an airtight container to keep them fresh and delicious for longer.