Creating a Tasty Homemade Jambalaya with Chicken, Sausage, and Shrimp
Are you craving a delicious, hearty meal? Look no further than this homemade jambalaya recipe, featuring chicken, sausage, and shrimp. Not only is it packed with flavor, but it’s also easy to make in the comfort of your own kitchen.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 pound andouille sausage, sliced
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (more or less to taste)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups long-grain rice
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 can diced tomatoes, undrained
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat the oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the chicken and sausage and cook until browned, about 5 minutes. Remove from the pot and set aside.
- In the same pot, add the onion, bell pepper, celery, and garlic. Cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the paprika, cayenne, thyme, and oregano. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add the rice and stir to coat with the vegetables and spices.
- Pour in the chicken broth and diced tomatoes, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the chicken, sausage, and shrimp to the pot. Cover and simmer for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until the rice is cooked through and the shrimp is pink and cooked through.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve your homemade jambalaya with a sprinkle of green onions and a dollop of sour cream, if desired.
This recipe serves 6-8 people and can be easily halved or doubled to fit the size of your gathering. Jambalaya is a perfect dish for a party or a weeknight dinner. It’s versatile, easy to make and very delicious.
“Jambalaya with chicken, sausage, and shrimp” is a classic Creole dish that is sure to please all palates. This recipe has a perfect balance of savory and spicy flavors, making it a delicious and satisfying meal. Plus, it is easy to make at home and can be customized to your liking. So, next time you want to impress your guests or treat your family with a delicious homemade meal, give this jambalaya recipe a try. You won’t be disappointed!