Remember It Later
This recipe! Pin it to your favorite board NOW!Pin
How to make Honey Lemon Pepper Fried Chicken: A delicious recipe you must try!
Fried chicken is an all-time favorite, but have you ever tried honey lemon pepper fried chicken? This unique twist on a classic dish is sure to tantalize your taste buds. The combination of sweet and tangy flavors with a crispy texture makes it a must-try dish. In this article, we will share with you a delicious recipe for honey lemon pepper fried chicken that is easy to make at home.
For the chicken marinade:
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
For the breading:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- Rinse the chicken breasts under cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Cut the chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the honey, lemon juice, black pepper, and salt.
- Pour the marinade into a large resealable plastic bag.
- Add the chicken pieces into the bag and seal it.
- Massage the marinade into the chicken to ensure it is fully coated.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
Marinating the chicken is a crucial step to achieve the perfect flavor. The honey and lemon juice in the marinade will give the chicken a sweet and tangy taste. The black pepper and salt will enhance the overall flavor profile. You can marinate the chicken for longer than 30 minutes, but not more than 24 hours as the acid in the lemon juice can start to break down the chicken.
- In a shallow dish, combine the flour, baking powder, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, cayenne pepper, black pepper, and salt.
- Remove the chicken pieces from the marinade and shake off the excess.
- Dredge the chicken pieces in the flour mixture, shaking off any excess.
- Place the coated chicken on a wire rack and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- In a large, deep skillet or Dutch oven, heat the vegetable oil to 375°F (190°C).
- Carefully add the chicken to the hot oil in small batches, making sure not to overcrowd the skillet.
- Fry the chicken for 6-8 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer the chicken to a paper towel-lined plate to drain excess oil.
Serve the honey lemon pepper fried chicken hot with your favorite dipping sauce, such as ranch, BBQ, or honey mustard. Pair it with some crispy fries, coleslaw, or a green salad for a delicious meal. You can also serve it as an appetizer or party food.
- Make sure to use boneless chicken breasts for easier and quicker cooking.
- Use a wire rack to allow the excess flour to fall off the chicken before frying.
- Use a deep skillet or Dutch oven to prevent oil from splattering.