Remember It Later
This recipe! Pin it to your favorite board NOW!Pin
Classic Old Fashioned Stuffed Cabbage Rolls Recipe
Old Fashioned Stuffed Cabbage Rolls are a classic and comforting dish that has been enjoyed for generations. This recipe features tender cabbage leaves stuffed with a flavorful mixture of ground beef, rice, and seasonings, all simmered in a rich tomato sauce. The result is a delicious and hearty meal that is perfect for a family dinner or a special occasion. While the preparation can be a bit time-consuming, the end result is definitely worth it. So, give this recipe a try and enjoy a taste of nostalgia with every bite!
Stuffed Cabbage is considered a winter dish par excellence. Learn a simple and easy way to prepare the best stuffed meal on lunch today
Cabbage: 1 piece (medium size)
Egyptian rice: one and a half cups
Coriander: half a bunch (chopped)
Parsley: half a bunch (chopped)
Dill: 2 tablespoons (chopped)
Onions: 1 piece (chopped)
Garlic: 5 cloves (chopped)
Salt, to taste
Black pepper to taste
Cumin: half a teaspoon
Chili: as desired
Tomato sauce: 2 tbsp
Oil: a tablespoon
Broth: 2 cups
How to prepare :
1. Boil cabbage leaves with a little salt and cumin, and chop them to the appropriate size.
2. To prepare the filling: In a large frying pan, heat the oil and fry the chopped onions until they turn yellow.
3. Add the garlic and leave it until fragrant, then add a tablespoon of tomato sauce and stir quickly.
4. Season with black pepper, cumin, and hot sauce while stirring constantly.
5. Leave the mixture on the stove, until the sauce boils.
6. Reduce the heat and add the rice, parsley, cilantro and dill. Stir until the ingredients overlap, then remove the filling from the heat and leave it to cool.
7. Put some cabbage leaves at the bottom of the pot.
8. Spread a cabbage leaf on a hard surface and put a little rice in the middle, then roll it.
9. Return the ball until the filling is finished, then stack the cabbage rolls in the saucepan.
10. Boil the broth with a tablespoon of tomato sauce, then pour the mixture over the stuffed with moving the saucepan to bring the broth to the bottom and cover the whole rolls.
11. Put the pot on a strong fire until it boils, then reduce the heat and leave the stuffing until it is done.