First, I stuffed them with lots of garlic and rosemary then marinated in Italian dressing overnight in sealed heavy duty Ziploc bags.
After removing from the marinade I rubbed them with lots of good spices, (use what you and your family likes I used sea salt, cracked pepper, dried rosemary, garlic and onion powder, poultry seasoning and) then placed in the oven on 400 for a half hour then turned the oven down to 350 for another hour (I covered the wing tips with foil during this time so they would not burn) I then removed the veggies from the cavities and stuffed some of the already baked dressing into the hens, removed the foil from the tips and placed back into the oven for 20 minutes. These Cornish hens were absolutely delicious!
Irresistible Roasted Cornish Hens Stuffed with Crawfish Cornbread Dressing
There’s something undeniably special about a dish that brings together the rich flavors of succulent roasted Cornish hens and the delightful kick of crawfish cornbread dressing. In this mouthwatering recipe, we’ll guide you through creating a show-stopping culinary masterpiece that’s sure to leave your taste buds singing. So, if you’re ready to embark on a culinary adventure, let’s dive right in!
Ingredients: The Building Blocks of Deliciousness
Before we get into the nitty-gritty of this incredible dish, let’s take a look at the star-studded cast of ingredients you’ll need:
For the Roasted Cornish Hens:
- 2 Cornish hens
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1 lemon, halved
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
For the Crawfish Cornbread Dressing:
- 2 cups of crawfish tails (cooked and peeled)
- 1 cup of cornbread crumbs
- 1/2 cup of diced onions
- 1/2 cup of diced celery
- 1/2 cup of diced bell peppers
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
Now that we have our ingredients ready, let’s dive into the exciting part—preparation!
Preparation: A Culinary Symphony in the Making
Roasting the Cornish Hens:
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Rinse the Cornish hens under cold water and pat them dry with paper towels.
- Rub the hens with olive oil, salt, pepper, paprika, and dried thyme. Ensure they are evenly coated.
- Stuff the cavities of the hens with lemon halves and minced garlic.
- Place the hens in a roasting pan, breast-side up.
- Roast for about 50-60 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C).
- Once done, remove the hens from the oven and let them rest for a few minutes.
Preparing the Crawfish Cornbread Dressing:
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add onions, celery, and bell peppers. Sauté until they become tender.
- Stir in the minced garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Add the crawfish tails and cayenne pepper. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from heat and mix in the cornbread crumbs.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serving: A Feast for the Senses
To serve this delectable dish, plate the roasted Cornish hens alongside a generous portion of the crawfish cornbread dressing. The tender, juicy hens with their savory seasoning perfectly complement the bold, spicy flavors of the crawfish dressing. This combination is bound to impress even the most discerning palate.
So, there you have it—a recipe that’s sure to make your heart sing and your taste buds dance with delight. Whether you’re hosting a special gathering or simply indulging in a culinary adventure, roasted Cornish hens stuffed with crawfish cornbread dressing is a winner. Enjoy your meal!