Remember It Later
This recipe! Pin it to your favorite board NOW!Pin
Make the Perfect Strawberry Crunch Pound Cake with Our Easy Recipe
Strawberry Crunch Pound Cake is a delicious and moist cake that combines the sweet and tangy flavors of strawberries with the crunch of strawberry-filled cookies. This recipe is easy to make and is perfect for a special occasion or for just enjoying with a cup of coffee or tea.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup finely chopped strawberries
- 1/2 cup coarsely crushed strawberry-filled cookies (such as Crunch)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the vanilla extract.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, alternating with the buttermilk and mixing until just combined.
- Fold in the chopped strawberries and crushed cookies.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 60-65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove and place on a wire rack to cool completely. Serve and enjoy!
- Use ripe strawberries for the best flavor.
- Crush the cookies into large, coarse pieces, so they provide a nice crunch in every bite.
- Make sure the butter and eggs are at room temperature before starting the recipe. This will help ensure that the batter emulsifies properly.
- If you don’t have buttermilk, you can make a substitute by mixing 1/2 cup of milk with 1 tsp of white vinegar or lemon juice. Let it sit for 5 minutes before using.
- Let the cake cool completely in the pan before removing, as this will help prevent it from breaking apart.
- Serve the cake warm or at room temperature with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of ice cream, if desired.