This Valentine’s Day, treat your loved one to a romantic dinner of steak with red wine sauce. Our recipe uses mouthwatering boneless ribeye steaks, seasoned to perfection with salt and pepper and cooked to your desired doneness in a skillet with butter. The sauce is made by sautéing shallots and herbs in the same skillet, then deglazing with red wine and beef broth, resulting in a rich and flavorful reduction. Serve over the steaks and enjoy with a glass of red wine. This easy and elegant recipe is sure to impress and make for a perfect Valentine’s Day dinner.
Here’s a recipe for a romantic dinner that you can make for Valentine’s Day:
Steak with Red Wine Sauce: Ingredients:
- 2 (8 oz) boneless ribeye steaks
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 sprig thyme
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 bay leaf
- Season the steaks with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of butter over high heat. Add the steaks and cook for 3-4 minutes per side for medium-rare, or longer for desired doneness. Remove the steaks from the skillet and let them rest.
- In the same skillet, add the remaining butter, shallot, thyme, rosemary, and bay leaf. Cook for 2-3 minutes, until the shallot is softened.
- Add the red wine and beef broth to the skillet, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Bring the mixture to a simmer and let it cook for 5-7 minutes, or until the sauce has reduced and thickened.
- Remove the thyme, rosemary, and bay leaf from the sauce.
- Place the steaks on plates and spoon the sauce over them.
This recipe can be served with a side of your choice such as roasted vegetables, mashed potatoes or even a salad. You can also pair it with a glass of red wine, to complete the experience.