How to Make Baked Legs with Cream of Mushroom – A Step by Step Guide
Who says that a dish needs an extensive list of ingredients to be delicious? This Cream of Mushroom Chicken Legs recipe debunks that myth with its simple and flavorful ingredients. Busy moms will appreciate this quick and effortless dinner option. Try it tonight and taste the magic of minimalism in cuisine.
This Cream of Mushroom Chicken Legs recipe is a perfect solution for those looking for a quick and easy meal. The ingredients are minimal, the preparation is straightforward, and dinner can be served in under 20 minutes. It’s also a great way to use up any leftover mushrooms. Don’t wait, give it a try today!
What makes this Cream of Mushroom Chicken Legs recipe unique is its captivating taste that is sure to leave a lasting impression. Perhaps it’s the harmonious blend of flavors or the way the sauce clings to the juicy chicken meat that makes it so irresistible. Either way, it’s a dish that will not disappoint.
Making this recipe is incredibly simple, all you need to do is mix the chicken legs with a creamy mushroom sauce, bake in the oven and dinner is ready. Serve it with mashed potatoes or rice for a complete meal.
Chicken legs are a popular and economical cut of poultry that can be used in various dishes, such as baked chicken legs, cream of mushroom chicken legs, and honey mustard chicken legs. They’re also a common ingredient in soups and stews.
There are numerous reasons to love these Creamy Mushroom Chicken Legs, for one, the creamy sauce is both delicious and complements the chicken. Second, this recipe is straightforward and does not require a lot of ingredients. Finally, it’s a healthy meal that will leave you feeling satisfied and happy. If you’re searching for a delicious and effortless dinner idea, this Cream of Mushroom Chicken Legs recipe is a must-try!
In case you would like to use a can of cream of mushroom soup instead, that works too. Just follow the baking instructions and add extra salt and pepper if necessary. As an alternative to heavy cream, light cream, milk, vegan cream cheese, or cashew cream can be used.
- 6 boneless and skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 cup sliced brown mushrooms
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 cup heavy cream or alternative such as light cream or vegan cream cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Pat chicken thighs with a paper towel to remove any moisture and trim off excess fat.
- Combine onion powder, garlic powder, thyme, rosemary, salt, and black pepper.
- Coat chicken thighs evenly with the seasoning mixture.
- Heat up 1 tbsp of oil in a large skillet or dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Sear chicken on each side until browned and no longer pink in the center, about 8 minutes per side.
- Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add butter and sliced mushrooms, sauté until tender.
- Add minced garlic, thyme, rosemary, and parsley. Cook for an additional minute.
- Pour in heavy cream and bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in shredded Parmesan cheese until well combined.
- Return chicken to the skillet, spooning sauce over each piece.
- Bake in the oven at 400°F for 10-15 minutes or until heated through.
Serve with hot mashed potatoes or rice for a complete meal.
Make Ahead: You can prepare the sauce and chicken ahead of time, store in the refrigerator, and bake when ready to serve.
Storage: Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Variations: You can switch up the ingredients to suit your taste. Try adding different herbs or spices, using different types of mushrooms, or using different types of dairy.
Serve the baked legs with cream of mushroom over a bed of rice or mashed potatoes, and garnish with chopped fresh parsley. This dish is also delicious with steamed or roasted vegetables.
Tips and Tricks
- If you prefer a thicker sauce, you can thicken it by mixing together 1 tsp of cornstarch and 2 tbsp of water, and then adding it to the sauce after step 7.
- For a gluten-free version of this dish, use gluten-free bread crumbs or almond flour.
- If you don’t have heavy cream, you can use half-and-half or whole milk. Just note that the sauce may not be as rich.
- Can I make this recipe with boneless, skinless chicken breasts? Yes, you can substitute boneless, skinless chicken breasts for the chicken legs. However, note that the cooking time may need to be adjusted.
- Is this dish gluten-free? Yes, it can be made gluten-free by using gluten-free bread crumbs or almond flour.
- Can I use a different type of mushroom in this recipe? Yes, feel free to use your favorite type of mushroom in this recipe. Button, cremini, and shiitake mushrooms are all good options.
- Can I make this recipe without heavy
We hope you enjoy this creamy mushroom chicken legs recipe! Please support us by following us on pinterest