Remember It Later
This recipe! Pin it to your favorite board NOW!Pin
Elevate Your Spaghetti Game with Baked Spaghetti & Meatballs
Baked Spaghetti & Meatballs is an excellent family-friendly meal that brings a new twist to classic spaghetti and meatballs. The dish is cooked in a single pan, topped with a generous amount of cheese, and baked to perfection until it’s hot, bubbly, and ooey-gooey melted. This baked version elevates regular spaghetti and meatballs, making it an extraordinary dining experience.
For busy afternoons filled with sports practice or lessons, this baked spaghetti and meatball dish is the perfect solution. Prepare the meal earlier in the day, and once you arrive home, simply pop it in the oven and bake for around 30 minutes while you prepare a quick salad. You’ll have a hot, comforting, and satisfying meal ready to serve in no time.
Recently, I’ve been staying in a small vacation home with my family, and it has been lovely to see our oldest daughter and her family every day. As our time in the condo was coming to an end, I wanted to make the most of the remaining food I had. I had spaghetti noodles, pasta sauce, homemade meatballs from the freezer, and cheese – all the ingredients I needed for this baked spaghetti & meatballs dish. A quick trip to the store for a loaf of rustic bread, a bag of salad, and one more quart of milk, and I was all set to put together a delicious and effortless dinner.
I highly recommend serving this baked spaghetti & meatballs with a Caesar salad and rustic french bread. Don’t forget to share this recipe with your spaghetti-loving friends on Facebook and pin it for later!
- Meatballs I used about 1 1/2 doz homemade meatballs **Meatballs were fully cooked
- 24 oz jar marinara sauce I used San Marzano Sauce
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 3/4 # spaghetti noodles
- 1-2 cups grated cheese I used half colby-jack, half mozzarella
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- In large cast iron skillet, sauté onions in olive oil over med/low heat. Add in garlic and continue sautéing until onions are tender.
- Add cooked meatballs.
- Add marinara sauce and tsp Italian seasoning.
- Heat over med/low heat for about 20-30 minutes.
- In separate large pot, cook spaghetti noodles according to package directions (under cook by 2 minutes).
- With large slotted spoon, scoop meatballs from sauce and set aside.
- Scoop cooked spaghetti (with large slotted spoon) into marinara sauce. Add in about 1/2 cup pasta cooking water. Gently stir until pasta is fully coated with sauce.
- Add cooked meatballs to top of spaghetti.
- Top with grated cheese & parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350* for approx 20-30 minutes or until hot and bubbly and cheese is melted.