Moist and Flavorful Blueberry Cream Cheese Pound Cake | Easy Recipe
Are you looking for a delicious and easy dessert recipe that will impress your family and friends? Look no further than this blueberry cream cheese pound cake recipe. With its moist and tender crumb, tangy cream cheese filling, and burst of juicy blueberries, this pound cake is sure to become a new favorite.
Pound cakes are a classic dessert that have been around for centuries. Originally made with a pound each of flour, sugar, butter, and eggs, pound cakes have evolved over time to include a variety of flavors and additions. This blueberry cream cheese pound cake recipe puts a modern twist on the classic, adding tangy cream cheese and sweet blueberries to create a delicious and unique dessert.
Before we dive into the recipe, let’s take a look at the ingredients you’ll need to make this blueberry cream cheese pound cake:
- 1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Now that you have all your ingredients ready, let’s start making this delicious blueberry cream cheese pound cake:
Step 1: Preheat the oven and prepare the baking pan
Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease an 8×4 inch loaf pan with butter or cooking spray.
Step 2: Make the cream cheese filling
In a medium-sized mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until it’s smooth and creamy. Add in 1/4 cup granulated sugar, 1 large egg, and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract. Mix until well combined.
Step 3: Make the pound cake batter
In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter and 1/2 cup granulated sugar together until light and fluffy. Add in the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture in three parts, alternating with the milk and vanilla extract, starting and ending with the dry ingredients.
Step 4: Assemble the pound cake
Spread half of the pound cake batter into the prepared loaf pan. Spoon the cream cheese mixture over the top of the batter, spreading it out evenly. Add the blueberries on top of the cream cheese mixture.
Top with the remaining pound cake batter, spreading it out evenly.
Step 5: Bake the pound cake
Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
Step 6: Cool and serve
Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring it to a wire rack to cool completely. Serve slices of the pound cake on their own or with a dollop of whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
This blueberry cream cheese pound cake recipe is a delicious and easy dessert that’s sure to impress. With its moist and tender crumb, tangy cream cheese filling, and burst of juicy blueberries, this pound cake is perfect for any occasion. Give it a try and let us know what you think!
- Can I use frozen blueberries instead of fresh ones? Yes, you can use frozen blueberries instead of fresh ones in this blueberry cream cheese pound cake recipe. However, keep in mind that frozen blueberries tend to release more moisture than fresh ones, which can affect the texture of the cake. To prevent this, you can rinse the frozen blueberries under cold water and pat them dry with paper towels before using them in the recipe.
- Can I make this recipe gluten-free? Yes, you can make this recipe gluten-free by using a gluten-free all-purpose flour blend in place of regular all-purpose flour.
- Can I add other fruits to the pound cake? Yes, you can add other fruits such as raspberries, blackberries, or strawberries to the pound cake. Just make sure to adjust the amount of fruit accordingly so that the batter doesn’t become too wet.
- Can I freeze this pound cake? Yes, you can freeze this pound cake for up to 3 months. To freeze, wrap the cake tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil and place it in an airtight container. Thaw the cake overnight in the refrigerator before serving.
- Can I use low-fat cream cheese in this recipe? Yes, you can use low-fat cream cheese in this recipe, but keep in mind that it may affect the texture and taste of the cream cheese filling. Full-fat cream cheese is recommended for best results.