Homemade turtle candy with pecans and caramel – the perfect sweet treat for any occasion
Introduction: Are you looking for a delicious and easy-to-make treat to surprise your loved ones? Look no further than homemade turtle candy with pecans and caramel! This classic candy is a favorite among many, and the homemade version is sure to be a hit. Not only is it delicious, but it also makes for a great gift or party favor. In this article, we will be going over the step-by-step process of making this delicious candy, as well as some tips and tricks to make it even better.
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 cup caramel bits
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread the pecan halves out on the prepared baking sheet and toast in the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes, or until fragrant and lightly browned. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the caramel bits, chocolate chips, and sea salt. Heat in 30-second intervals, stirring after each interval, until the mixture is fully melted and smooth.
- Take the pecans and using a spoon or fork, dip the pecans into the melted caramel mixture, making sure they are fully coated. Use a fork to remove the pecans from the mixture, allowing any excess caramel to drip off.
- Place the pecans on the prepared baking sheet and allow them to cool and harden for about 30 minutes.
Tips and Tricks
- If you prefer a more pronounced pecan flavor, try toasting the pecans for a little longer than the recommended time.
- To make the candy look more professional, you can use a fork to create a wavy pattern on the surface of the candy as it cools.
- To add some extra flavor, you can also add a pinch of cinnamon or vanilla extract to the caramel mixture.
Conclusion: Homemade turtle candy with pecans and caramel is an easy and delicious treat that is sure to impress anyone. Not only is it a fun activity to make with loved ones, but it also makes for a great gift or party favor. With a few simple ingredients and a bit of time, you can have a batch of these tasty cand ready in no time. So go ahead, give it a try and enjoy the sweet taste of homemade turtle candy.