Panera Broccoli Cheese Soup
A hearty, flavorful soup that comes together in no time!
1/4 cup melted butter
1/4 cup flour
2 cups half-and-half (or milk)
2 cups chicken stock
1/2 medium onion, chopped
1/2 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 pound fresh broccoli florets
1 cup carrots, julienne (you can just buy a bag of pre-julienned carrots)
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon pepper
8 ounces grated cheddar cheese (I would recommend at least 12 ounces if you like it cheesy!)
Get Ingredients Powered by Chicory
1. Melt butter in a large stockpot. Add flour and mix for 3 minutes.
2. Slowly add half-and- half (or milk), mixing the entire time. Slowly add chicken stock, mixing the entire time.
3. Let simmer on low for 20 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, saute onions in oil in a small pan.
5. Add broccoli, carrots; onions and cook on low for 25 minutes.
6. Season with salt, pepper; nutmeg.
7. Place soup in a blender or use an immersion blender and puree.
8. Heat soup over low heat and add cheese and mix until melted.