Mouthwatering Shrimp Alfredo with Homemade Garlic Bread Recipe – Quick & Simple
Are you a food lover who is looking for a quick and easy recipe to satisfy your craving for a delicious meal? Look no further than this simple and mouthwatering shrimp Alfredo with garlic toast recipe! In this article, we’ll go over the ingredients and steps necessary to create this scrumptious dish that will have your taste buds dancing.
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this amazing dish:
- 1 pound of pasta
- 1 pound of shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 stick of unsalted butter
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1 cup of freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 loaf of French bread
Follow these simple steps to prepare the dish:
Step 1: Cook the Pasta
Begin by cooking the pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water until it is al dente. Drain and set aside.
Step 2: Cook the Shrimp
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt the butter. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the shrimp and cook until they are pink and cooked through, about 3-4 minutes.
Step 3: Add the Cream and Parmesan
Reduce the heat to low, then add the heavy cream and Parmesan cheese to the skillet. Stir constantly until the cheese is melted and the sauce is smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Step 4: Combine the Pasta and Shrimp
Add the cooked pasta to the skillet with the sauce and shrimp, and toss to coat. Serve hot.
Step 5: Make the Garlic Toast
Cut the French bread into thick slices and brush each slice with melted butter. Sprinkle garlic powder over the buttered slices and broil them in the oven until they are golden brown and crispy.
Tips for Making the Perfect Shrimp Alfredo
- Use fresh, high-quality shrimp for the best flavor and texture.
- Don’t overcook the shrimp – they should be pink and just cooked through.
- Use freshly grated Parmesan cheese for the best flavor.
- If the sauce is too thick, add a little pasta water to thin it out.
- For a healthier option, use whole wheat pasta instead of regular pasta.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I use frozen shrimp instead of fresh shrimp?
Yes, you can use frozen shrimp instead of fresh shrimp. Just be sure to thaw them completely before cooking.
- Can I make this dish ahead of time?
Yes, you can make the shrimp Alfredo ahead of time and reheat it in the oven or on the stovetop when you’re ready to serve it.
- Can I substitute the heavy cream for a lighter option?
Yes, you can use half-and-half or whole milk instead of heavy cream, but the sauce will not be as rich and creamy.
- Can I add vegetables to this dish?
Yes, you can add your favorite vegetables, such as broccoli or mushrooms, to the dish for added flavor and nutrition.
- Can I use a different type of pasta?
Yes, you can use any type of pasta you like, such as fettuccine, linguine, or penne.
This shrimp Alfredo with garlic toast recipe is a perfect dish for anyone who loves a quick and easy meal that’s also delicious and satisfying. By following these simple steps and tips, you can create a restaurant-quality meal in the comfort of your own home. So why not give it a try tonight?